Monday, May 11, 2009

All done...

We got the keys Friday afternoon, and signed the lease. Friday night we started moving the kitchen over. Everything we brought over, we put away immediately. When Max's physical therapist got here today, she said she couldn't believe how it looked like we had been living there a long time!

It feels good to be moved in, and we've already met a few neighbors. I have the project of filling my dresser with all the clothes I took out to move. And to fill the bookshelf this week. I still shake my head at the thought that we moved our entire house in 2 days. After only learning that we needed to move 6 days before that. Go ahead and mark us down as your craziest friends/family!

And if moving wasn't enough to start the week out, Steve left this evening for California for most of the week. AND Wednesday night we'll have out of town guests coming. Good thing it's my cousin and his friend who won't mind that their rooms consist of nothing more than an air mattress!

Here are some pictures of the house before we moved in. And one picture of what we did with Max's room.

Kitchen:
kitchen 2

Here's the picture on the ad for the house of the dining room:


Dining room empty:
dining/Max's bedroom

And what we've done to make it a room for Max:
max's new room

Our bedroom is directly across from the dining room, which is why we made it Max's room. We are going to put up some drapes to make a bit more private. Our little table fits at the edge of the living room.

Here's the living room, and you can click on any of the pictures to see the rest of the house. I'll get more pictures as we finish rooms up.

Living room empty:
living-room

With our chairs...and messy table!
new living room


Max is tired from moving!
gorilla max



Oh...and I guess Mother's Day happened in there too. My dear husband bought me flowers for our new patio. They are gorgeous!

mother's day petunia

mother's day fuschia

5 comments:

lauren said...

i love those last little flowers! they look like they have wings!

and the house is so lovely! can't wait to see it in the flesh!

Danetta said...

You have all been so busy! Have fun with the Dave and tell him hi for me.

Lar said...

Wow!! I'm tired just reading this. The house looks like it's going to be great and the flowers are so pretty.

Lon said...

nice, i kinda like the living room colors!

KD said...

oh my word that has to be the cutest house I have seen in a long time!! that's awesome!