We had quite a long weekend! My mom got here Thursday, and we did a lot of catching up and playing. Saturday morning, Abbey got here and we celebrated her birthday before doing anything else! It's always difficult not spending her birthday with her, so we're always anxious for our time to do so!
After celebrating, we went as a family, minus Max, to get flu vaccines. After talking to his immunologist/allergist yesterday, we are now officially on self-imposed lock-down. They are already seeing kids in the ICU with seasonal flu, and H1N1.
Saturday evening was spent going over Max's feeding schedule, and medicine schedule, and how his lift worked. Because Saturday night, Steve and I set out for a night away, our very first night away from Max.
We headed to get my hair cut first. We talked about it at lunch, and I thought, why not! It was boring me terribly, and I had been trying to grow it out, but after a cut where the gal got a little "layer happy" it hasn't been the easiest of tasks.
Here I am right before...

And after...

As the gal was cutting it, I thought...oh man...it's like my Great Grandma's flapper cut!
(not quite...but close!)Back to the weekend..
We got checked into our hotel downtown Denver, and set right out to walk to somewhere WAY too impossible to take Max to! We settled on India House, and ate too much! We walked all of downtown. Up and down our favorite streets...remembered what it was like when we lived down there. And wondered why we left!
After a very fitful night of hard sleep...wondering where in the world Max was every time I woke, I was greeted by the sun rising over the buildings, and the sound of church bells ringing.
We headed home and had a nice day with mom before having to take her back to the airport, and then Abbey and I went to our friends' wedding, while Max and Steve stayed back to avoid getting Max in the crowd.
And now we're at today, where we played as much as we could. And hugged and did homework...and ate at our favorite pizza place before Abbey had to go back to her mom's.
And now, my house is begging to be cleaned. And laundry is piling up to be done. So now that you're all caught up...I guess I should get to catching up with all of the house work!
4 comments:
Sounds Wonderful! We are so happy for all of you. Gramp & I are also checking on flu shots; better get them so we can come see everyone.
wow. you look so different with shorter hair! Hugs to max.ala
That is a cute, smart looking hairstyle. Looks Good!!
What an awesome hair cut!
Post a Comment