It's February!!
When I flip the page on the calendar to February, I always hope for warmer days, and spring flowers. I know living here, I'm not likely to see either for a while. I guess it's just what I remember from growing up.
I've always felt like this month was special for me. Three of my siblings have summer birthdays, and the other two are at Christmas. Being one of six kids, it was pretty cool to never have to share birthday parties with your brother or sister.
It's only the first, but it already feels like it's flying by. In two and a half weeks the month will be nearly over, and I will be on a jet plane out of the country. As a special treat, I am going to Paris and London for a week, for my birthday, with my friend Kris!! She and I will meet up in Dallas, and fly to Paris to play for 3.5 days, and then take the train to London where we'll play for another 3.5 days. Getting home the evening before my birthday.
I've never been gone from Max that long...which will be the hardest part. But I'm really excited, and thankful to Steve for making it happen. It's really making this month...and year special!
6 comments:
What an awesome present!! You will have a great time! I know how much you will miss Max, but I bet his "Boys Week" with Dad will be fun for him. I can't wait to see pictures!
Wow! That is so exciting. I hope and know that you will have a great time. What a wonderful birthday present.
Thanks Kristin and Nancy! It's been a long time coming...6 years, and I'm finally ready to leave them alone.
(And believe me...it has nothing to do with Steve's capabilities, but my INcapabilities to let go!) It is going to be wonderful!
Hi Deana...I check your blog periodically and am thrilled for your upcoming vacation. What a wonderfully rejuvinating time you will have! You are so deserving and I'll look forward to hearing about it and seeing photos of your adventure.
Diana & Josh in Tulsa
Deana, I can't think of anyone more deserving for a trip like this! I am so happy for you!
Btw, save some trip mojo for me, aren't we gonna go to Universal for Harry Potter? Woohoo!
How exciting! I think you should make Steve take pictures of life back home while you're gone too! I know you've had the travel itch for a while, so this is great.
Post a Comment