Tuesday, June 1, 2010

For Max...

We did get outside for a good portion of the day yesterday. Max went with us to pick up a few plants for the garden...and to choose some new yellow flowers.

These are the ones he liked most...they are called "moonshine"...
IMG_2194

And among the many other veggies we got to plant, I thought for fun, I would plant a pumpkin plant for him to watch grow until his birthday. Imagine my excitement when I found a pumpkin named "Big Max"!!

It wasn't until I got it planted that I actually read the card..."fruit up to 100 lbs"...oops!
IMG_2184

Oh well...we'll have The Great Pumpkin in our back garden!

4 comments:

Thia said...

Oh what fun the pumpkin will be!

Maria Hopfgarten said...

Enjoy the BIG pumpkin and the yellow flowers!!!

Mat and Kristin said...

I love that you found Big Max! I hope you report back to us so we can see the progress.

Elizabeth said...

now that is cool--big max. love the plant Max picked out too.