Thursday, April 28, 2011

How does your garden grow...

It's that time again. We've started our garden earlier this year, because we're growing cool weather veggies. We started everything by seeds this year. It's been fun to watch them peak through the soil.

Again this year, we're growing most of our veggies in horse troughs.

Today was a gorgeous day here in Colorado, so we took our lunch outside in between Max's school and therapy times.

Steve was finishing up preparing a couple of the troughs, so I took some photos, mostly for my Grandpa, as I was trying to explain how we use them to him last weekend.

photo
Empty, with the holes for draining, that Steve drilled in.

photo-1
Filled with soil and ready to plant.

photo-3
This one has lettuce in it. We're also growing carrots, beets, radishes, spinach, cabbage, and kale.

photo-5
This one holds most of the veggies, minus the lettuce.

photo-9
This is me enjoying the sunshine...I'm enjoying it because the top of my head isn't getting burned...neither is my face. Colorado sunshine loves to burn me in fifteen minutes tops.

Max took his lunch outside too. I think if he could always be outside or in his van he would be happiest!
photo-12

2 comments:

Amanda Jaksha said...

It looks like you went with clothes...

Deana said...

Ha...yes, we'll leave the more natural gardening to the babes.