As I was reading up on the fair, I saw that there were 'walk in' competitions, including knitting. Abbey was excited to submit the scarf she worked on this summer.

She didn't win the main prize, but she did an amazing job on it. Especially for her second attempt at knitting anything. I think if she keeps it up, she'll get the blue ribbon next year!
Here she is with her knitting coach, Lauren.

We walked around the pavilions and checked out all the weird fair things...like the freak show. Yes, a real freak show. Thank goodness it was their lunch break, because I didn't care anything about seeing fella stick a drill up his nose, or lay on nails, or have a bazillion piercings. Abbey was sorely disappointed she didn't get to see all of that. And Max was his own side show as all of the "freaks" that were in there stopped to stare at him, which gave us all a chuckle.
Once we made it out of there, we headed back to the animals. The part I was most excited about, and the part I thought Max would enjoy the most.
We saw llamas, or alpacas...I don't remember which.

A falcon that wasn't on nearly long enough of a leash for my liking, so I stayed far back and let Steve snap the pictures!

Hairy goats that made me reconsider fainting goats as the only type of goat I wanted.


Lots of unique chickens and roosters.


Max likes their hairdo.

A smiling horse. Oh yes it is!


A donkey I tried to take home with me.

And a chicken to pet.

All in all, it was a fun outing. I think we might have to find a time to head out to the Urban Farm in Stapleton for Max to get up close to the animals that were there. It was way too crowded and not wheelchair friendly to take him inside the petting area. But, I think he'd love to pet the horses and let a goat eat from his hands.
6 comments:
That smiling horse was strange. It's great to see Max with the chicken! What did he think?
She's knitting? Yea!!! Did I know this? Great job on that scarf. I think I know that pattern and have wanted to make it. So proud of her. Sooooo did it rub off on you? Just askin.
I might take it up when it's not hot!
This was her pattern, 15 across. When I asked her, that's all it was. ;) She really likes it, and loves getting new yarn, it's what she asked for for her birthday.
Thia, that smiling horse cracked me up! Max thought the chickens were fun, but he loved the rooster going on.
Well that is a different pattern then but I love the way the yarn patterns. Makes it look really cool. I am assuming it is the blue one behind her. Did she start lessons while there in Co.? As for waiting till it isn't hot, think of it as keeping you warm in your freezing house. LOL
Yes, she's not worked with any patterns as of yet, just counting them out.
I'll need to knit a blanket to keep me warm! Our friend Lauren taught her how to knit while Max was in the hospital, and she really picked it up quickly. She's really into making the scarves...but I'm sure she'll want to advance at some point.
This looks so fun - what a good activity and experience for Abbey - next year we might have to check out the fair!
Post a Comment