My day starts by waking to the sun...or son usually. He wakes me up for a position change. I roll him over and will him back to sleep for a few more minutes so I can properly open my eyes to fully awake before starting the day.
I check email and around on the web. Change Max's pants, as he's woken again. I roll him back over for a longer rest this time, and I get in the shower.
When I've finished my 20 minutes of uninterrupted quiet time, I comb my hair so it doesn't dry funny, put on my uniform, jeans and tshirt, and go change Max's pants again. I change his clothes, and tell him what he's doing for the day. I brush his teeth, rub his furry little head, and stretch his arms and legs. I give him the first 3 medicines of the day, and chase them with water. I wonder if the bandana is too babyish, but know his classmates will ask more questions about why his shirt is wet, than why he's wearing a bandana like a cowboy.
I change his pants once more, and look for his shorts. I can't find a single pair so he's going without for now. I pick him up out of his bed, and give him a hug. He falls back asleep, his warm furry hair nestled on my neck. We sit there for a few minutes, but soon I pick him up and bring him to his chair in the living-room.
I have opened Olive's crate well before now, but she's still not awake. Each time I walk into the room she looks at me, as if to ask why I'm bothering her sleep. I search for shorts again, but still don't find them.
I measure, make, and mix all of Max's food for the day. 660 ounces of water, 4.5 cans of formula, 10 tablespoons of one powder, 5 of the other. Mix all together, shake, and pour into 400ml feeding. I prime him feeding pump, and set it to feed him over an hour.
By this time Abbey is awake and asking how I slept last night, and waiting to be asked the same. She kisses Max, and asks him if he's slept well. I let her know he did, and he's excited to start school today. I also let her know that it is HER first day of school as well, since enrollment has gone through, and she can begin 8th grade. She's equally excited, and runs upstairs to shower.
I go back in the bedroom to look for shorts...where on earth are all of his shorts? I brush my teeth and put my hair in a hair-tie to try to tame the fly-aways. I try to coax Olive out of her bed, but she's defiant. Silly dog.
I start a couple of crumpets to toast, and sit down to see what my day holds on the computer. I've readjusted Max 4 times so far, as he's not one to stay put once he's awake. I have 15 minutes to eat my crumpets, make and give him the rest of his medicine, and get him set up in his wheelchair before his speech therapist gets here, and he starts with Skype School. I'll get Abbey set up on her online school, and help with therapy and school for Max.
Oh, and I found his shorts.
4 comments:
Such a beautiful morning!
Crumpets. You had to mention crumpets? My belly rumbles. Oh the morning seems so busy, but I know you're thankful for one to run that smoothly. I can't wait to hear more about Max's first day. And Abbey's too!
Shorts? If I didn't have to wear shorts, I wouldn't either.
Your morning sounds great. It made me want to want to write about mine, but then I got too tired.
;)
I only wrote out the first 3 hours...the rest of the day went out the door! One of these days I'll get the other hours down!
Post a Comment