Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Sun for My Son...

My last class glass blowing class was this past Friday.  After skipping a week, I found myself really ready to get to the class and make my next piece.

I had a nice time chatting with Agnes, and the other class mates.  I told her about the last dream I had about glass after the bowl class.  That night in my dreams, I was making a sun.  I was telling everyone it needed to be bright yellow, for my son.

Agnes helped me think it through and I had help from Cody and Renee to put it together.  I did a lot more on my own on this piece than the other two pieces.  I wanted to try to do as much of what I learned this time, being the last class.

IMG_8179

It's yellow, with spots of red, and orange, with a shimmer too.

IMG_8163

IMG_8167

IMG_8168

Max thinks it's pretty cool too!

IMG_8176

I had such a great time making all my pieces of glass art!

IMG_8185


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning! I love it! I am so glad you enjoyed your class, I want t hear all the details next time I see you in person!

Lauren said...

So beautiful!