I'm currently coming down from my holiday to Paris and London. A trip three years in the making. As I get back to my every day activities, I am remembering wonderful moments from the last week. I will share them here in good time.
The thing about coming back from Europe, I usually wake up much earlier than usual. Which means I take my time making breakfast. Yesterday morning, I made a full breakfast with all the lovely jams and honeys I brought home. I sipped my strong English tea, in my special tea cup. It struck me just how much I've made my corner of the world look, feel, and taste like my favorite place in the world. It helped that the clouds were mizzly, and the weather cool. I strolled around my garden to see how much had grown in a week, and was welcomed by wild flowers and a hummingbird. A bit of England in the Mile High City.
My friend, Rachel, snapped this photo of my while we were having lunch on my last day in London. I have few photos of myself, as I'm usually the one behind the camera. But, what she captured here is a moment of absolute me-ness.
I am happy. I am content. I am thankful. I am a traveler. I am a daughter, sister, and friend. I am a wife and mother. But in this photo, I am me. Just me.
This is who I am.

1 comment:
I love this post. And you.
Post a Comment