Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Six months gone...

February is birthday month.  I have weird feelings about it this year.  How strange will it be to get to mom's birthday, and mine two days later without her being here?

Today marks six months since she left us.  Today we're sitting in the middle of a blizzard.  She died during the sweltering heat of August.  She would have liked to see all the snow.  The piles of snow are watering the sleeping bulbs we gave away at her memorial.  I'm so looking forward to spring, to see mom's flowers return and bloom.

I had a dream with her last night.  She came to listen to me gripe.  She listened to all my complaints, and egged me on with the good bits, and tried to make me see the other side of things too.  She was always good like that.  The best person to talk to about anything and everything.

At the end of my dream, I broke down crying and asked her to please not leave.  I told her it's been six months today but feels like a hundred years.  I told her, it's birthday month, we need to celebrate. Please don't go again.  She hugged me and gave me a kiss on my head, and I woke up with tears running out the sides of my eyes.



No comments: