Thursday, May 7, 2009

And once again...the Watson's move...

I guess I should set a revolving blog entry...We're moving!!

I know I've been a bit vague about it all, but due to their own personal reasons, our landlords had to put our townhome on the market. I don't think any of us thought it would sell so soon, but it sure has! The new buyer came in for an inspection yesterday, and wants to move in asap. That meant for us, we wanted to get into something else as soon as we could for them to have the deal go through. (And so we didn't have to show the house anymore!)

We looked all last weekend, and boy oh boy were we annoyed! Just not a lot of houses out there right now for rent...because so many people can't get loans. We found one a couple of streets over, but they said it was already taken.

We got a call on Tuesday that the people they thought they would rent it fell through, and we set up a showing. We got over there and the guy showing from the property management company welcomed us, and asked how old Max was. The paused after we answered and said, Is he okay, or is he special needs? We answered, special needs, a little nervous if we were going to hear it about the steps in the house, or the stairs walking up to the porch. But instead he smiled and his face lit up. "My grand-son is special needs!!!". And so went the rest of the showing...talking about the similarities and differences in our little guys. Actually a lot more similarities than I expected. He wanted to give his daughter-in-law my info, because she was just saying so few people understand this kind of life!

So that was the little side story to our house hunting experience! We filled out the paper-work and got the final approval this afternoon. It is empty, so we can move in asap. And Steve will be traveling the next couple of weeks, so this weekend seems like the best time to do the moving.



So give us a couple of weeks to get settled...then let's fill up the summer months with visitors!!! We'll have plenty of room, with a guest bedroom!

11 comments:

Mat and Kristin said...

I love the outside! It looks so nice and inviting! And isn't it weird how the world works? It sounds like you were just meant to move in that house. All the pieces just fell in place!

dmartin said...

Wow, that looks good!Plus you might have a new friend. I have been praying this week for a quick answer. We are so excited for you and can't wait to come see it.

ferfischer said...

omigosh - that looks so cool! we can't wait to come visit - and help with moving this weekend if you need!

deanna said...

That looks like an adorable house! And what a nice story!! yay for the new house!=)

debbiearnn said...

:-D
CUTE HOUSE!!!
Can't wait for you to get in there!!!
How ARE the stairs? Will Max have to go upstairs?

Lauren said...

cuuute!

Deana said...

Kristin...plenty of room for you AND Chi to come visit!! hint hint hint!

Mom, yes Christmas won't be as cramped next time!

Jenny, and we still have the pool for the kids to play at this summer! And a really nice porch to eat our lunches outside!

Deanna, All the houses in this neighborhood are charming like that! It's a planned community, and I guess it worked it's charm on us because we wanted to stay!

Debbie, there are just a few steps into the house, and we will get a ramp for that. And Max will have his own bedroom downstairs with us on the main living area. Abbey will have her pick of two rooms upstairs, and the other will be the guest room. Steve will take up the basement again for his office.

Lauren, thanks! I'm going to have fun decorating...considering all the blue pastel paint on every wall! Hoping my bright sari's and paintings mute it some! It's not awful, just not something I would have chosen as neutral colors!

Ang said...

that is a great looking porch. I'm hoping to log a few hours on that porch

Raymonde said...

The house looks adorable! If you can, please share some of the photos inside! Isn't great that the guy showing you the house as a grand-son with special needs!! That house was meant to be yours! I hope you will have a nice long comfortable stay in this one! Any chance of buying it in the future? wish I was around to help you...we could put Marc-Antony and Max together and they would play in the meantime! Have a great move..you are getting to be a pro at this for sure!! Ray

Thia said...

Cute place! Can't wait to hear more about this new adventure.

elizabeth said...

Very exciting..so happy for you.