I think you might have to be from some of our lower states to know just how to say that blog title correctly. But either way, that's about all I can say at the end of this day!
We had a full day up at Children's today for back to back appointments. I got there around 9:00am, and finally left at 4:00pm, arriving home at 5:00pm. Max did really well to have been around chaos and noise and poking and prodding and sitting through long conversations between his momma and doctors. He giggled and said "hi" to his nurse. He showed off his new adapted way of talking to his doctor. He puts his hand up to his mouth and moves it around to say "more". I don't know how he can do that but not put his lips together and just say "more"...but it's sweet his way too!
He went right to sleep in his car seat on the way home in traffic. And when we got home, he was happy to be going in. I got him out of his seat and was holding him to get him in the right position. He got as straight as he could, and took his strong arm and hooked it around the back of my neck...looked right at me and smiled. I was so surprised! I said, are you hugging me? He chuckled and squealed YEAH!!! He stayed like that all the way in the house...drooling down my neck all the time. It was his sweetest moment in a long time!
A few pointers from the day:
Monster Max is 41 pounds and 3' 10" tall...did you get that!!??? Nearly 4 ft tall!!
We had to increase his meds and formula calories because he's growing so much.
Talked over schooling...or how we will likely not send him to school in the fall.
And dodged germs left and right!!!!
So glad to be home now. I'm going to re-heat my spaghetti in a bit for dinner, maybe do a little laundry...and get ready for Steve to get home. He's been out all week to a conference. We were supposed to go to an opera performance tomorrow being put on at Children's, but because of the H1N1 flu threat, Children's canceled. Can't say I'm too disappointed. I didn't want to go out there again by myself tomorrow. But seems like a silly decision, considering they weren't really targeting visitors or parents or children walking in with colds. They were EVERYWHERE!!!
Oooooohhhh!!!!! I just heard THUNDER!!!!!!! Lucky day!
With that, I'll leave it for now!
4 comments:
I think that precious hug probably erased all the long day the two of you had.
What a lovely hug! Praying you guys didn't bring any germs home.
Those moments are the BEST. Glad you got that.
Man, Max is really growing fast and is as adorable as ever.
holy smokes, 4 feet is huge!
Post a Comment