Thursday, October 8, 2009

Old chair New chair...

I brought my chair downstairs today. Actually, Steve brought it downstairs, because it is heavy.

I've been trying my hardest to tolerate my Ikea chair...but really...when Max is in his chair, I need to be right by him. And that means I would like to be comfortable while sitting.

My chair is so so so special to me. My Grandmama's baby gift to me was to buy me a rocking chair. When I had Max and it was so difficult to feed him, I knew I would need a comfy rocking chair. Steve and I found this blue leather recliner at Foley's.

We got it home, and it was where Max and I lived the first 5 years of his life. He ate every meal there, I ate almost every meal there. I rocked him when he was at his weakest moments...and practiced sitting him up when he was feeling extra big and strong.

Max on his first birthday...he was a sick little guy here...
Birthday Max

Max 2006 chillin' in the blue chair...
IMG_1140.JPG

Max and Abbey using the blue chair to get in a snuggle...
brother and sister

At some point in all of our moving last year, the blue chair went to live with my sister. She was about to have her own baby, and Grandmama wasn't around anymore to get her a chair to rock her little one in.

This year, it made it back to me. And it's been up in the guest-room since we moved into this house. I've been holding out for just the right chair to replace it. I don't have to hold Max to feed him anymore. And it's not the most glamorous piece of furniture I own. But today, it made it back down to it's rightful place.

And so did Max.

DSC_0022.JPG

He's grown since the last time he sat in it...
DSC_0021.JPG

But he got right back into it...
DSC_0001.JPG

Looks like Goldilocks found his chair that's just right...
DSC_0002.JPG

4 comments:

Makenzies Miracle said...

Is that a onsie he has on? Where did you find one that big?

makenziesmiracle2comcast.net

Deana said...

Hi! Yes, I make him onsies that big! He is wearing size 4-5T t-shirts, but because of his g-tube we have to keep him covered. I cut the bottoms of old onsies at right under the armpits, then sew them to his tshirts. You just have to stretch them out a bit them pin together before you stitch. They've been great! And a great way to re-use his old onsies.

Thia said...

Awwwwwwww. He looks very comfortable.

dmartin said...

I did not know you make the onsies, that is a brilliant idea. You have gotten lots of use out of his clothes, huh?
Do you sew other things with your machine?