Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Annoying and Not...

Annoying...
My left ear has been ringing for a good 3 weeks now. I wake up and I hear the ringing...I go to sleep and I hear the ringing. Any time it's quiet...I hear the ringing.

Not annoying...
Getting to stay in my lazy clothes today and yesterday. With no appointments, and Steve out of town, I just slummed it up. Sometimes that's what makes a girl happy.

Annoying...
Changing an incredible amount of diapers today. And with each diaper, a little surprise. Good thing I was wearing my lazy clothes...I'm sure something got on me at some point...I seriously changed around 15 diapers today. After 6 years, some days are just harder than others to deal with that part of caring for a disabled child.

Not annoying...
Taking Max to bed at 9:30, by sliding him from the living-room to our bedroom on a big blanket. He thinks he's flying, and I save my back from lifting him and carrying him to bed.

Annoying...
Eating lousy food while the husband is away. I love a good meal, but I hate to cook while Steve's gone. So I usually eat oatmeal and eggs and grilled cheese. I might as well be 12 and just learning to cook for myself.

Not annoying...
Making lemon squares and eating them warm tonight. Steve does not like lemon squares. I think they make the world go round.


Annoying...
I had a mishap last night when I gave Max too much of his allergy medicine, double the dose, because I grabbed the wrong syringe. I then had to empty his stomach by g-tube to make sure it didn't stay in there. The most annoying part of that, Max didn't have the allergy medicine he needed last night or today (for fear that there was still some in his system). So in addition to the poop today, I got plenty of snot and spit up too.

Not annoying...
Giving Max a bath with baby wipes this evening after such a stinky messy day. He thinks it's as silly as it can be to be cleaned from head to toe with freezing cold wipes. And I don't have to lower and raise his 50 pounds in and out of the tub.

Annoying...
Olive. Oh how that dog pushes my buttons when Steve is gone. She whines and cries to go out, just to sit and stare at me. When I finally bring her back inside, she turns back to the door and whines, or runs to the kitchen for a treat.

Not annoying...
Telling her to go to bed and she runs to the wrong spot every time because we've moved her crate around so much while moving Max into our room. It makes me laugh so much!

Annoying...
My ear is still ringing.

Not annoying...
I won't hear it much when I put my headphones on and watch a movie instantly on Netflix.

The end.

5 comments:

Thia said...

I agree with you on the lemon squares.
I can picture his face as he "flies" to bed.
Hope the messy stuff lets up for you.

Deana said...

I need to get video of him on his magic carpet! It is so easy to move him like that!

dmartin said...

You are so amazing at rolling with the punches...... You deserve all the warm lemon bars you can get!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

you crack me up! By the way, I am reading a book because of your recommendation: Sister of my heart. Just started it, but like it so far.

Deana said...

Mom, I like them warm...but straight out the icebox is my favorite!

Angela, I hope you like it. She is my favorite author. The sequel to it is Vine Of Desire. All of her books are amazing.