I found this over at Bird On The Street so I thought I would do it too!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Followed through with schooling, and got certified to be Max's CNA.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I started a list at 43things.com, I completed 13 of those 43 things. Not too shabby!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My dear friends Sam and Rachel welcomed their little Eloise into the world!
4. Did someone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
This was a year of no international travel. Sadly!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
A vehicle that would allow us to travel easier with Max.
7. What dates from 2009 will be etched in your memory and why?
I turned 30 on the 26th of February.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Becoming a CNA...I was really nervous about all of that, but so so happy I did it, and passed the test!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failing my CNA test the first time around.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I made it a point to get my back pain in order...and I'm really happy I have.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A ticket for a special trip.
12. Who's behavior merited celebration?
Addie May...my sweet little niece has brought so much fun to our year!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one. Life is too hard and short to be bothered by someone else's behavior.
14. Where did most of your money go?
2008 left us with plenty to pay on.
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Max sitting through an entire opera, and loving it, passing my CNA test, and a trip to Michigan.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Nothing comes to mind.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you skinnier or fatter? richer or poorer? happier or sadder?
I haven't noticed any weight change, my income has helped with paying on 2008, and happier...always happier.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travel
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sweating the small stuff.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Quietly with Max and Steve, then sister and family, then mom.
21. Did you fall in love with 2009?
I could not say that I did.
22. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
Spooks and Glee
23. What was the best book you read?
Ugh...I read SO little this year. I don't really know how it happened. But I did really enjoy Shantaram...I think I read that this year.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Colm Mac Con Iomaire, The Hares Corner
26. What did you want and get?
A healthy year
27. What did you want and not get?
Our birthday trip to the ocean with Max.
28. What was your favorite film of 2009?
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, I don't remember another one I saw at the theater.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
30, and had a fantastic birthday weekend with my husband taking me to fancy restaurants and flying in some Pauls Coconut Flan!!!
30. What one thing would have improved your year immeasurably?
Really wish we could have taken Max for a trip to the ocean.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
Jeans and a tshirt...just as boring as that.
32. What kept you sane?
My husband
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't guess one main topic, but really aware at just how divided people are in their political views.
34. Who did you miss?
My family
35. Who was the best new person you met?
In person,Gwen and Kris S., online, my new mom friends ( a few I've met in person this year too!) And Max's new therapists...they are a good fit!
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
We have to live right now, with the circumstances we have. We want to be able to travel as a family, and do things as a family. But this year it's really been apparent that if we want to still LIVE, we sometimes have to do it as each of us taking turns. Not something we enjoy...because we would prefer to always be together, but something we've learned is necessary right now.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes...you might just find...you get what you need." -Rolling Stones
No comments:
Post a Comment