Monday, May 24, 2010

Photo Dump...

I have a load of photos that are not a whole blog post on their own...so I'll just put them all on this one with a little description...

I've mentioned that Max loves yellow. The other day when we were getting him dressed for a doctor appointment, I asked him what shirt he wanted to wear, and he told me "ehlllllllllyo!". I told him he didn't have a yellow shirt, so we put on a green shirt...because green has blue AND yellow. ;)

The next day I found this one in his dresser, that I forgot we bought for the warmer weather...he was a happy guy, and told us all afternoon long about his ehllllllllyo shirt!
IMG_2105

When we were turning up the soil in our garden, I noticed Olive had dug quite a hole. We pulled it all up and leveled it out. A few days later, we noticed the hole was back...only Olive hadn't been in the back to dig it!
someone's moved into the garden

Somebunny's making a nest...
down the rabbit hole

We're trying to keep Olive away...because how sweet will it be to see baby bunnies!?
down the rabbit hole

Olive got her hair cut...
Lazy girl Olive

On to Grasshopper Max. He's a kicker. And for the first time, he's injured himself with his kicking. On his padded, protected wheelchair. He cut his heel on a piece on his chair that wasn't covered. It bled all over the place...and we had to wrap it up. I have to remind myself if he was running around being a rambunctious 6 year old, he would have a lot more scrapes and bruises and bumps.
boo-boo from wheelchair

Aaaaaand...time to move him away from the window. I told you he was a kicker! I guess he was trying to make his escape!
making his escape

I just have to remind him we can escape without trying to knock the window out! Our landlords approved a ramp for us to be able to get in and out of the house with Max in his chair, instead of having to carry him down stairs! I'm so happy, because now I can take him out of the house without Steve's help!
IMG_2111

And finally...snoozin' boy. Max took a very rare afternoon nap today. He worked really hard in therapy today, add that to the cool wind blowing through the house, and having a few rough nights of seizures, and I think he was fine with losing the fight for a nap. Not that it's a fight I try to win...but one he has with himself. He slept for almost an hour, then woke up cold from the wind! I fed him while he slept on a slow drip...then I sat down and did NOTHING!
Snoozin' in the breeze

There we are...all caught up! Thanks for coming along!

3 comments:

Thia said...

I can't believe how old he is looking! I'm glad you caught a bit of a break while he napped.

Anonymous said...

Love that first photo of Max!

Deana said...

He is getting so big...and really trying to hold himself up a lot more. I think he looks like he's sitting up totally unassisted in the first photo.