We've been more busy this month of July, than I believe we have been in a very long time!
We've had a couple of hospital stays with Max...and hopefully we have figured out what has been causing him all his tummy problems. The xray last week showed he had a blockage in his bowels, so we are treating accordingly...and he's moving things along, hopefully as he should.
Abbey had her first week of science camp...where she learned how to extract the dna out of a strawberry, among other neat molecular biology ideas.
The next week, she started fencing camp. It was during this week that Steve was away traveling, and we ended up in the hospital with Max...so getting everyone where they needed to be was a bit of a struggle...but we got through it. And have the photos to prove it.

Here she is showing Steve her equipment...

Something about this photo makes her look about 20 to me...she took it pretty seriously.



She really loved fencing, and said she would really like to do it for the entire summer next year. Maybe we'll have an Olympic fencing champ one of these days!
While big sis was playing with swords, Mr. Max was holding down the 8th floor at Children's...but at least he had his monster and Curious George to help him feel better...

The other thing Abbey wants to do a lot more of, is rock climbing...She's a natural!

Our new tradition...that Abbey proclaimed we will do from now on...the Moonlight Classic...
10 miles through Denver, late at night. It's so much fun! And this year, Ang and Dan joined us!
(In front of the art museum)

On your mark...get set...yes Abbey does have a handlebar mustache...

The next day, Abbey and I had a day out without the boys. We did a painting class with my friend, Maria and her daughter. Then on to the mall and bookstore, and dinner out.


But, we didn't feel like eating out...because we missed the daddy and the Maxy. So, we brought dinner home instead. It was still a great day out!
And great evening at home...after a crazy week!

Last week, Abbey was doing a chemistry camp at CU Boulder. She really loved this camp more than any of the rest. They turned pennies into "gold". And freeze dried all kinds of things. And a lot of blowing up things. She took notes every day, and one her way home recounted every thing they did.
I'll wrap it up now...with photos from the garden. It's exploded out there!

Spaghetti squash isn't quite ready...but we'll have a lot of them!

It's a jungle!

And this week especially, the veggies have mutated into giant veggies!



mmmm...Okra!!!

Don't you feel all caught up? I know I do. And tired. I feel very very tired. So, I'm heading to bed, now. With much more on my list this week still.
6 comments:
Lovely pictures....and Abbey is doing so many cool activities - love to see that!
I pray and hope for no more hospital visits now - you've had enough!
Love the paintings! And the update - sounds like an appropriately busy summer! Although I'm sure you can do without the hospital stays!
She so looks 20! The art class looks great, you guys painted nice stuff.
Thanks all! Jenny, I can't wait to do the paintings again for Cici's fundraiser! Amanda, you should come then...in September I think.
Shachi, thanks so much! We're hoping for no more hospital stays too!!
That okra looks great!
And how's the pumkin?
Great catchup! Glad things have slowed down a little. Looks like Miss Abbey is having a wonderful time.
Post a Comment