
At my wedding...

Where I remember her being most...that cup was full of RC Cola...and we would go through the paper and look at the ads every Sunday morning...

At Max's baby shower...

One of the sweetest moments ever. She kept whispering to him, "I didn't think I'd get to meet you.". She was diagnosed with lung cancer when I was pregnant with Max. We took him to meet her a week after he was born, and surprised her.

A month after his surgery and long hospital stay...she loved watching him on the webcam...even without sound. I remember, one time, she wanted to watch him have a bath, so we held the computer in the bathroom for her to watch him have a bath, and had the phone on speaker-phone so she could talk to him. This was Easter weekend, 2004.

My last photo with Grandmama. It was her 63rd birthday, and the whole family came in for a special Luau birthday. She wished she could have gotten back to Hawaii "one more time"...so we brought Hawaii to her.

And the last time I saw her...

This is how she was most of the evening on her birthday. Sick little Max, and sick little Grandmama holding on to each other...giving the other all the comfort they had. She passed away the next morning...and I have thought of her every single day since then. Happy Birthday Grandmama...we all miss you!
1 comment:
oh, Deana................*tears and celebration*
Post a Comment