We did have a nice holiday weekend. It was rainy and cool again on the 4th...so we didn't get to see any large fireworks. Abbey was determined to light all of her fireworks that evening, so we stood shivering in the pouring rain watching our puny fireworks fizzle out.
But, sparklers never disappoint...and we had plenty of those. And, although we couldn't see them, the booms from the big fireworks gave Max lots of giggles.

Max enjoying the show from the covered patio...


That's me in the hoodie and umbrella on the left...

I waited all year to use my "fireworks" setting on my camera...this was as good as it got!


I liked this one...like they are sharing lightening!

Monday, we called off therapy and decided to play around town since Steve was off of work. We had lunch with Dan, Ang, and Addie...where Addie had me laughing so hard at her reaction to Max eating I almost cried. She was getting so concerned about the little bits of banana that were on the corner of his mouth that she gagged, then told me Deanie...CLEAN MAX! It's so funny that the "normal" way for Max to eat for her is through a whole in his stomach...this feeding by the mouth thing is a little unfamiliar!
We ended up at the river in downtown Denver. We parked and walked a short distance to find this area under a bridge across from REI. We were the only ones in this little area, and Max LOVED it! I think we'll head back and plan on spending a lot more time there.

There was sand and moving water...he was one happy boy!

Now, it's time for me to settle down...figure out what all needs to be done tomorrow...and fall asleep to the cold wind and rain again. Such a treat in July to sleep with the windows open like it is September!
3 comments:
Looks fun! We skipped the fireworks, but I love how cool its been! Busy busy - looks like you guys are busy!
We have been busy! You too!! I just sat down to catch up on emails.
I hear you on the busy and love the pics of all your fun!
Post a Comment