Thursday, August 19, 2010

Do Re Mi

Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with

A-B-C


When you sing you begin with

do-re-mi


We have wanted to do music therapy with Max for a while, and finally have it lined up to do every other week...although, I think he would love to do it all day every day!


I asked his therapist, Laura, if I could take some videos, so we could chronicle his journey with music, and she was happy to let me. I wanted to share with you some of my favorite videos of today.

Max playing the drum with his feet...


Yankee Doodle Toes...


Max play the drum with your hands...


Max singing E-I-E-I-O!


"Good-bye to music" ...UH-UH!!!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

oh i love this so very much! she seems like a really patient and loving therapist. I'm so glad Max is getting to do this!

Thia said...

Priceless

Lauren said...

I LOVE these so much!!

Kick the drum on perfect beat? Don't mind if I do! Strum the guitar with my toes? Why, yes, thank you! Sing E-I-E-I-O? Well, only if you don't mind me singing in my best opera voice! STOP singing and playing music? I don't THINK so, lady!

dmartin said...

Wonderful!

ferfischer said...

I kind of cried a little bit when I watched these Deana. It's clear he LOVES it. I think this is one of those things - why did we wait so long!!! I know Cici loves it too, and gets it weekly at Kidstreet, but I think maybe I will have to find someone and private pay for a while until we can get things organized another way. I totally think it would be worth it - look at how much he loves it!!! Oh, by the way, Penny loved watching these videos too!

Ray said...

Just WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

Deana said...

He does really love it! We're hoping to incorporate music into his school learning as much as possible! Can't wait for next Thursday, when he'll have music therapy again!