I had been planning a trip for a while.
A trip that was to reunite three friends from middle school.
A trip that would take us to a new city, to see new sites, and eat yummy foods.
A trip I was to leave for tomorrow. While Max is still in the hospital.
But, these friends, they know me. And they know that I would feel torn about leaving my little guy while he's in the hospital. Do I need a vacation? Oh, probably more than anyone else I know. But, my boy needs me here. I need to be here with him.
So these friends emailed me and told me it's more than okay to stay with him. The big apple will still be there, and we'll all still be ready to go.
Feeling terribly bummed that I am not going, but also incredibly thankful for friends who get the pull and made it an easier decision.
I guess that's what comes from having friends "forever".
2 comments:
I'm praying for you, my friend. YOu are such a great mom and I understand the need to be with Max. I also know you NEED a break. Praying you are able to get one soon. love and hugs.
Thanks Elizabeth...I'll get there soon. Thanks for the prayers, love and hugs. :)
Post a Comment