Friday, July 1, 2011

Super Friends...

We are always so thankful for the visits from friends and family when Max is in the hospital. Especially on these long stays. I know when my friends' kids are in the hospital, I can feel like I need to do something, but don't know what. I've really taken note this time...just show up. Show up with chocolate, or food, or balloons, or a smile and a hug. It works wonders!

One of my supermom friends brought lunch the other day...so fresh, and so delicious!




And made me a special keychain...



We got a lovely Edible Arrangement too...it didn't last very long.

IMG_5975

We've got super friends, and Max does too! He got a cookie bouquet from Make A Wish, which we took out to the nurses to share.



and a special yellow shirt from his friends in Iowa.


(This picture is cracking me up at how surprised he looks...he had just woken up and I was there taking his picture.)

Thanks for all the well wishes, prayers, and thoughts these past couple of weeks too...they're just as important as a visit in person...I really mean that. It's keeping us encouraged to see so many notes from our friends and family.

1 comment:

Thia said...

That's wonderful! And Max does look so surprised there, haha.