Monday, August 20, 2012

Baby Sister...

30 years ago today, I met my first baby sister.  She was my baby sister for a lot of years, before the baby-baby was born, so I guess now she's just my younger sister.

She's one of my earliest solid memories.  I was just about 3 and a half years old when she was born, and I remember bits and pieces of that evening.  My dad lead us through the hallway to see my grandparents in the waiting room, and it was dark outside.  He told us we had a baby sister, named "Angel". . . at least that's what I heard, and I thought it was so neat that I had a sister named Angel.  I finally got it right, that her name was Angela May, and we'll call her Angie.

My Uncle Daryl (Bubba), and Grandmama took me (and maybe my other sister and brother) in the elevator to see her in the nursery.  I remember Bubba telling me not to touch Momma's stomach because it was sore.  And Grandmama didn't have any shoes on, just in her stockings walking around the hospital.  She must have been tired or hot.   It was, August in Oklahoma!   Then I remember seeing her through the glass.

This weekend, I got to get away from the hospital for a while to take that baby sister out to a fancy dinner.  We laughed, and goofed off, and had a wonderful time.

IMG_6592

Happy Birthday Baby Angie May!

IMG_0996

 I'm so glad mom and dad rescued you from that dumpster under a Domino's Pizza Box!

IMG_0992






No comments: