Max had therapy and school today, and of course I waited until today to pack. I am not afraid of flying, but ugh do I ever get anxious leading up to a flight...especially for such a big trip as this is.
Steve did a good job of talking me down most of the day and when he said goodbye to me at security I couldn't turn around for fear that a day full of pent up emotion would come spilling out of my eyes.
I think the part that has me so anxious is this is the first solo trip I have ever made. Like in my whoooole life. I've always traveled with someone, or met up halfway with someone, or had a friend or family member meeting me at the receiving end. This time it's just me.
Now I'm people watching. Mostly the baggage handlers out the window as the sun sets over Denver. The next time I serve sunlight will be in London.
I finished eating and am now waiting to board my flight. Steve posted this photo of me heading to security on his Facebook. I'm braver than I think I am. Away I go....
No comments:
Post a Comment