Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Finished...

Since I wrote the last post, I've been working on my crochet project every evening.  I got a good deal done about a week ago...only to find I was about five stitches short towards the middle and ended up unraveling it.

This left a huge mess of yarn I had to ball back up, much to my frustration.  It took me all afternoon, but once I was back at the start I went slower and made better progress going forward.


 I still don't know how she got her stitches looser than mine were.  I'll keep practicing that tension on my next project.


Tonight, I finished it!  But what was it?


I love the little ribbon marking where Momma stopped the project and I picked it up. 


I got out Grandma's button jar for inspiration.  It always brings me creative inspiration.  Look at all those lovely jewels.  I love buttons. 


Yes....a few buttons is what it needed.  Along with the teal yarn I used to make my long single chain while Momma was in hospice. 





 And this is what I ended up with....Taaaaa-Daaaaaaaaa!



Here's how it works out.  Don't mind my "concentrating faces", Abbey helped me with the pictures and I didn't have a mirror in front of me.








I liked making it.  I thought of Momma so often through the whole project.  I would talk out loud to her..."What am I doing wrong here?"...and yes, I would hear her answer.  Sure it wasn't actually her, but how I thought she would answer me.  Either way it was comforting to be doing this project. 

It's a heavy and warm scarf-thing.  And will work out perfectly for our cold days coming up.  I know this, she would not have made it into this as a final project.  She would have loved it, but it wouldn't have been where she went with it.  And I love that about it, a little of me, and a little of her. 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful job. Your mama would be proud. I love it!!!

Thia said...

Beautiful! I love how you added some of the teal thread too!