Sunday, February 21, 2016

Birthday week...

I'm watching Disney's 60th celebration when Kermit THE Frog comes on to sing "Rainbow Connection", and I find the tears I thought would stay away today.  I've been crying for days.  Every little thing is reminding me of mom.  In her last days, I played this song at her bedside on repeat.  It made her relax, and something about it made me relax too.  She was slipping away and I was grasping for anything and everything that would bring her back just a little bit.

This month has been difficult all month long.  It's six months since she passed.  I thought of her on Valentine's, she was always our Valentine growing up.  She would buy us little heart candies, and cards, and flowers.  She was such a sweet momma.  And I think the biggest mountain for me to climb is her birthday in a few days, and then mine.  My first birthday without her.  It's birthday week.  We always celebrated together.  I wish we had more birthdays together.  I wish we had more valentines to send.  I wish we had more songs to sing.


1 comment:

Shachi said...

oh dear....hugs and hugs and more hugs! I've been thinking about you....it's hard and I hope you find the strength to carry on.