Wednesday, October 8, 2008

BOo!

Halloween is coming up...that means Max's birthday...his 5th birthday is coming up. And I don't have a clue as to what his costume should be.

I don't usually care so much, but we're planning a pretty big shin-dig and I want him to be the coolest dude there! I've been seeing some amazing costumes that incorporate his wheelchair, but I don't necessarily want him to have to sit in his chair the whole night. A great costume Max's therapist came up with today is Max from where the Wild Things Are, in the boat! (The one he sails off to the place where the wild things are.) Maybe we can use his red wagon, and sit him up in a special chair, and make it a boat.

I really would love him to be one a monster...but I can't find a single monster costume for him this year! And Abbey suggested he be an opera singer. But I don't know how we would make that one work!

So...all of you who know Max...let's hear the ideas!

6 comments:

tony sheng said...

long shot here.... but that new igor movie has a brain on wheels.... maybe that idea spurs on something else....

She said...

For sure a Monster! Can we put a tail on the wagon and make Max and the chair or wagon the body? Yeah, we...like I'm going to help you figure out how to make that! I love the monster idea very much tho!

Anonymous said...

He could be Placido Flamingo!
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Placido_Flamingo

Sal

Unknown said...

hmmmmm .... i kinda liked the 'Max' idea - and if i remember right, aren't his pjs sort of like a monster or dinosaur or something....???
i did chuckle at the placido flamingo idea!
:)

Allen Arnn said...

rent him a tux, make him a mask and put in the Phantom of the opera soundtrack.

CUTE!

i hear that they are making a movie out of Where the Wild Things are, but i didn't find anything online about it...

Deana said...

Tony, I haven't seen the igor movie. I'll look into that character.

Placido Flamingo...you crack me up!

Allen...he sat and watched the Phantom of the Opera the other day. I had never seen it, but he really enjoyed it!

I'm still looking for an easy monster costume. Le Top is a brand of costume he has had before that has a couple of monsters, but he outgrowing the sizes they offer.

The Max costume will be impossible to find unless I make it...and friends...I do many things, but sewing is not one of them!