Sunday, January 18, 2009

Colds are annoying!!!

When we woke up yesterday morning, Max was sneezing. By the time we were on our way to our friends' Steve and Lauren's house about an hour away, he was drooling pools down the front of him. I knew we were in for another round of a cold.

We go to the hospital to make sure he's okay from his last illness, only for him to get sick again! Annoying!

Last night I started feeling a bit under the weather, but not awful. Today, I've not felt the best, but not awful either. I'm still functional, just a bit groggy. I've been taking my vitamins and drinking enough water to drown a horse.

Max isn't nearly as sick as he was last month this time either, so I'm hoping he'll spring back to normal by tomorrow. I think we'll have to cancel his therapy either way just to make sure.

Something that has been sweet this time with him being sick, is he wants me right by him. I know to those of you with cling-on children that sounds less than appealing, but with Max, it's rare that he shows an interest in NEEDING and WANTING us close by. He usually kicks or fusses if we try to snuggle him, so when I laid him down for the night and he rolled over and grabbed my shirt and pulled it to him, it was pretty sweet.

He went to sleep, and I got into a warm bath to try to soak off some of the shivers, and I heard him crying again. Steve was going back and forth checking on him, and until he picked him up and held him, he didn't stop his crying. So here I sit, touching his leg just enough to let him know I'm here, so he'll stay asleep. I'm just hoping his need for closeness isn't going to force me to share his bed tonight. Because when he's sick...he's all spread out and it leaves little to no room next to him!

On a different note, I am hoping to rejuvenate interest and commenting on my blog. I know so many of you are over on facebook, but I still like to have conversation on the bloggity blog, so say "hey" if you're here. I'm hoping to introduce some new friends...and old friends on here in the next little while too, it's always fun to meet new people!

Hope everyone who has tomorrow off has a lovely day...it's been named the National Day of Service tomorrow...so give of yourself what you can...to make the world a little better tomorrow. Even if it's a smile to a stranger on the street. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deana, I'll pop in here. I'm glad you guys came up. We had a really good time you you all. I hope you can get Max back to health soon. Maybe you should keep him away from Natasha.

Thia said...

Hope Max and you are feeling better soon! We're having some mild stomach disturbances here, I pray it doesn't escalate! Enjoy the cuddles while you get them.

dmartin said...

Hope & pray this is short lived. Love you all.......

Lar said...

Saying "hey" - we're here.
Natasha sounds like a hoot!
Hope you all get healthy really fast.

Danetta said...

I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere. I miss the interaction with the people you have introduced me to throught your blogs also. Facebook is fun in it's own place. Twitter I don't remember to go to. This, I like. I hope you are feeling better today and I hope Max is feeling better today. Love you

Chris Marsden said...

I spend more time on twitter (@cruciformity) than anywhere else these days (although the last week I've been offline altogether). Glad you are still keeping us all up to date on the blog. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.