Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What a day...

It's been a full strange day. It started way too early by little miss still on Virginia time hopping up and down the stairs at 6:00am.

We had a great lunch with our friend, and Max's old occupational therapist. It was great to catch up, and for her to get to see Max. I miss seeing her every week!

The afternoon was when the day really went berzerk! Abbey was watching some awful kid movie...Spy School. Egads it was hard to get through. So she's comatose watching that, and Max just throws up. Not a little, no warning...just blaaaaaaaaaagh all over the place. I got him cleaned up as best as I could, then started his second bath for the day. I got him all cleaned up, and changed. Then he starts sneezing. Some of the vomit, was stuck in his nose. Only one way out...

He sneezes like his father. Like every muscle in their body has to get behind the sneeze to make it worth the effort. And he sneezed so hard trying to clear the gunk, he got a bloody nose! So, now I'm cleaning up a bloody nose!

It's about 5:00 at this point and Abbey wants to know when we're having dinner. I put Max down after a bit and start chopping onions for Chicken Curry. She came in the kitchen to "help" by way of eating anything brought to the counter top. When she started eating the onions I had to ask her to leave the kitchen for a bit while I got things cooking.

I got on a roll and had it almost ready when Max was saying Momma over and over. He says Momma with a long stretch of the short "o" sound, followed by UH. Like Aaaaaaaahhhh-uh. So, I'm in the kitchen cooking up a storm, with Max in the living room, Aaaaah-uh, Aaaah-uh over and over. I had just chopped the pepper so I told him to wait just a minute. He was insistent though.

When I finally got my hands clean and the stove top to a calm pace I went to check on him in the living room. And found he was making his own mess! His diaper had exploded. All I could do was exclaim..ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!??????

Abbey came running up from Steve's office to see what was so exciting that she was missing. Nice surprise for her! So once again...clean Max up...get him all set...then try to finish dinner.

When I sat down to eat I was so exhausted. I didn't even care to eat at that point. All I wanted was the promise of chocolate after the dinner. ;)

When bedtime came, I put Max in bed and asked him to have a calmer day tomorrow. That's when he smiled his crooked smile and chuckled as he started to doze off to sleep. And that's when I got choked up. He has so much going on. He has so much ability. But his body and the functions of it are just so limiting some days. But still, he ends his day with a smile and a chuckle. He's such a sweet boy. And so happy. And once again, he won me over. Got me on his side to give it my all again tomorrow. Just for that smile.

5 comments:

Thia said...

So I am not the only parent that does that..."wait just a minute or two, I'll be there..." only to find out I should have dropped what I was doing...
I hope today is a much better day for you both.

Lar said...

Chokes me up
He's such a great guy
:-)

Danetta said...

Sometimes all it takes is a smile. Hope your day is a good one today.

Nancy said...

Hope you have a better day today also. I love you Deanna girl. Aunt Nancy

dmartin said...

You are so amazing and your attitude is the best. She was eating the onions? Tomorrow will be better. You are a trouper; you are in our prayers constantly.