At around 2:00am I got a text from my mom, "It's a girl, Adeline May". Around 6:00am we got up to take Max in for his g-tube surgery.
Before we left for the hospital, I snapped a picture of Max's belly. I wanted to get a shot of it before there was a hole there, before there was a piece of plastic sticking out of it, or a scar if it was ever removed.

A year later, I look at it and think, oh my gosh he was skinny. Too skinny. Which is why we got the gtube in the first place. But oh my...so skinny.
And lanky too! Here he is, all 28 pounds of him.

But it's amazing what a year can do. Here he is tonight...45 pounds now.

And still lanky...but chunky too!

We've come a long way in just a short year! He's healthy, and so big and strong. Which makes all of the worry and frustration and guilt I had about the decision to get him the g-tube worth it!
And the other life-changer on August 12th last year...this precious little baby niece. Baby Adeline!
She's changed a lot in the year too.

But one thing has remained...these two are like twins born 5 years apart. They L-O-V-E each other!


I mean love love love love LOVE each other.

I'll leave you with a couple of clips of Max and Addie's interactions.
He's enamored with her, and she dotes on him. She's so careful with him, and he's learning to be careful with her. Luckily they are both very tolerant of each other as they both learn!
Here is one of my favorite interactions I've seen with them, and luckily got a video of it.
4 comments:
oh my goodness! I didn't realize Adeline had such red hair! She's really getting big too!
And I forgot how skinny Max was last year. He really does look like a very well-rounded boy now! :-)
And Deana, I think she was PRETENDING to share. You do realize she pulled it away from his mouth and put it in her own, don't you? That's so funny. It's good that she's at least thinking about sharing though. They are very cute together. So glad they get to be together again.
No wonder your back is breaking! It's one thing to read the numbers, another thing to see how big he is! It's great for him, but owwwwwwww for you. I am sure, (most of the time) you'd rather have a bit of pain and have him be healthy though.
Addie: "No? Don't want one? Well, i do believe I'll just take care of that for ya!"
TOO cute!! I can't wait to see these two boogers again!
And that high chair of Addie's is awesome! It looks like a barber chair!
Oh that is way too cute! I would love to see the two of them in person, and if we really want a circus, bring ALL of mine too! What a crazy thing!
Post a Comment