Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rocky Mountain High...

This was our view this weekend!
IMG_3117

On Friday afternoon, we headed out towards the high country for some fresh mountain air. The guys were doing the Warrior Dash 5K race in Copper Mountain, and we were able to stay in a friend's condo a few minutes from there. It was nice to get away, even though it was Max's first time sleeping in the mountains, so I watched him like a hawk to make sure he was breathing okay! He did perfectly fine, and Steve and Dan had fun at the race. Ang and I, plus the kids and Steve - our chauffer because I was not driving the Monster Mobile down the mountain - went to the outlet shops to spend some of her birthday money too. We all got up and around and back down to Denver early Sunday, so we could have a day to clean our husband's muddy clothes and prepare for the week! It was a lot of fun to "get away"... and I can see us trying to make more of an effort to do it again!


Here are a few photos from our time hanging out Saturday...


Max and Mommy snuggling on the couch...
IMG_3099

IMG_3082

Addie wearing her viking hat...
IMG_3109

A pony-tail just like her mom-mom's...
IMG_3107

This is what happens anytime she sees me turn the camera on..."Deanie...CHEEEEEESE!!!!!"
IMG_3098

She was happy to keep Max's empty chair warm for him all weekend!
IMG_3093

And finally...she L-O-V-E-S her Max...