Sunday, February 26, 2012

Two for Tea...

It's my birthday weekend.  I try to squeeze out as much celebrating of my special "day" as I can, and Steve is kind to oblige.

Today, my friend and fellow supermom, Rebecca, shares my love for the fancy and fine tea traditions.  The last time Max was in the hospital, she told me she wanted to take me to tea at the Brown Palace in Downtown Denver.



We set up the date for today,  and as a bonus, got to celebrate for my birthday.

I got to dress up, something I never get to do.  In fact, before I got my dress on, I had spent all morning in grungy sweats and leggings so as to not mess up my skirt!  It certainly felt like I was about to live an alternative life for a couple of hours once I got dressed and the transformation from house-mom, to afternoon tea attendee, occurred!

Steve wanted to get my picture outside, but goodness-gracious it was windy!


(I think I look like my dad in this photo...just the face, not the dress.)

The tea was so lovely!  I ordered black currant tea...my favorite!  Then they brought out the selections of sandwiches and scones and cakes.  Rebecca was good to point out which order we ate what!








They even brought out a little birthday treat...chocolate and raspberry mousse.






The violinist played Happy Birthday to you.  Along with other very pretty music.

It was so much fun!  And I enjoyed getting to know my friend more, something that is sometimes hard to do in monthly meetings with a large group of supermoms.




After tea, we got up and walked around the hotel a bit.  It is a grande "palace".  I loved imagining the Victorian era ladies walking around with their fine clothes and hats!



I've already been planning out who else I can take!  It was such a beautiful experience.  I'm thankful for kind friends who find the little things in life we can enjoy together!





1 comment:

Nancy said...

You look very pretty! What a beautiful place. That looks like so much fun. Maybe I can go there sometime. I have never had an "official" tea before. Glad you have such wonderful friends to take you somewhere so special for your birthday.