The other day, my brother in law texted me and said, you haven't written on your blog since April, that has to be some sort of record, right?
I suppose it is.
I could give all the excuses, life has been busy, I haven't known what to write, Ive been writing over at Max's blog. All true, but also, I just haven't taken the time. Thinking that my energies are better spent elsewhere. And if I have to update and write anywhere, more people care to know what's going on with Max, than what recipe I've cooked up, or the ramblings about my day.
But, I've found myself with some time to write. I was hoping I'd find some time before the end of Summer, not realizing that I didn't want that wish to come about like this.
Max is once again in the hospital. In fact, I guess he actually had a couple of procedures back in May that we were here for too that I didn't write about. Now we're in for yet another emergency abdominal surgery. This time is was caused by scar tissue from the other surgeries pinching his small intestines.
We are hanging out in the PICU at Children's. He's doing okay today. He's uncomfortable, and has a 6 inch (I think, it's covered) incision down his abdomen. They left it partially open this time to heal. Just the thought of that makes me queasy. They said we'll clean it with water and a syringe. Thank you God for nursing care at home, because this momma is not thinking I can handle that.
I have joked about what we're doing this summer to teachers and therapists, "We're not making any plans. As soon as we make plans, Max ends up in the hospital.". True to those words, we started planning a trip to Oklahoma to see my family on Labor Day, and a camping trip in a couple of weeks for my sister's birthday.
Seeing him laying in the hospital bed not able to do much of anything, both of those plans seem impossible. And of course we don't know the outcome of his recovery at this point. But, I can't believe much that we'll be going anywhere.
So, there's the update. Life just keeps ticking away. I am going to try to get back to writing, but I'm hoping to find some writing prompts, to actually practice my writing on here, rather than just updates. We'll see if I have the time to do that!!
3 comments:
Deana! How good to see your writing here. I love to hear about your cooking and other personal interests. Motherhood is so consuming and the rest of us gets lost. At least, that's my experience.
I like hearing about the rest of your life, too. As you find the time, I'd love to read your thoughts because they usually end up spurring mine. :)
so sorry that Max is in the hospital and that your plans are in chaos. May he heal well and may you have peace and a chance at some of those fun summer ideas anyways. I keep thinking I need to get a picture of our super yellow canola fields here to show Max. I'd better take one for him to give him a smile.
Post a Comment