I've been feeling puny this past couple of days. I learned yesterday that means skinny here...so if you say you're feeling puny it just sounds like you're saying you're weak and skinny. Haha!
I am feeling tons better, but still tired of blowing my nose! And now the cough has set in! I wish I had some of my magical cough medicine from home. It was delicious flavored...and coated with codeine. I liked to think of it as the special syrup Mary Poppins gave those kids in the movie!
Please think of Max in your prayers, that he does not come down with whatever this is I have. He seems to be doing well, and Steve doesn't have anything either. I just don't want them to!
Something that has come of all this not feeling well business...I have had an overwhelming sense of missing my house. We've not had our own space now since November. And while I am extremely thankful and grateful for the support of friends and family while we transitioned here, I just am so ready for my own space. And I really liked our house. Especially in the spring. I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic or something. I guess it is starting to hit...in trickles.
Well off to drug myself up some more...and drink more water, so I can go to the toilet 876 times in the middle of the night!
6 comments:
Aaahhh you just need your momma to take care of you.
im sorry to hear that you are sick. ill keep my fingers crossed that max and steve don't get what you have. i understand about missing your own space. as this whole selling my house process drags out, i ultimately will feel sad if it actually does sell because i love having a home.
I am glad you are already feeling better. I think it's natural to want the comfort of the familiar, especially when you are sick. Can you order some of your favorite cough remedy online?
Grug. I'm just finally over my cold from last week and I know it isn't fun. Hope you feel better soon!
hang in there. It could be worse- Abilene is reeling in the flu season, 3 of our 4 got it and it was indeed horrid. I know nothing near what all you have been through, but for us it was bad. I'll be praying Max and Steve won't be affected. May you find special delights in your new "home" and the Lord rock you in his arms. I went through lots of homesickness the first year I was here and do from time to time still- especially with family so far. Do you have a list of all the reasons you love England? Might be something to keep around for the times when it doesn't seem as charming.
Golly, I hope you don't get the flu like so many of us have had here. It's awful and you don't have your momma there to care for you! I shall pray for the boys to remain free of it.
Being settled into your own place is important. Eventhough you're on that side of the atlantic, you're continuing to transition. Lots of heavy stuff - still.
Prayers up for you. Prayers up.
Post a Comment