Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Things and stuff...

I've let myself get behind in my postings. Mostly because I have been in a daze. It seems like each day is really like 2 days. I wake up and have a half of a day, doing morning things for Max, then after lunch, and getting into the afternoon, everyone at home starts waking up. I talk to my mom and sister, and friends, and do business in the states. By the time I'm ready to go to bed I feel like I've been living two days straight!

But I wanted to catch up on some of my this and that's.

When we were on the plane here, Steve gave me a surprise. He told me not to get into his bag because there was a surprise in there. I thought it was a birthday gift, or a valentine gift, but it was a moving gift.

IMG_8923.JPG

It is from my favorite jewelry artist,Jeanine Payer.

It is a quote from Shakespeare, saying, "You must take your chance". I love it!

Olive is in love...with Max's piggy. I don't know why she snuggles up to this thing like she does, but it makes me laugh every time. It's not at all snuggly, maybe because it is Max's.
IMG_8927.JPG

I wonder, if you stick your nose up to the screen, could you smell these?
IMG_8921.JPG

They greeted us in our room when we arrived. I just threw them out yesterday because they were starting to go, but they were so so so pretty!


And a few more pictures from our day out the other day. The little monster you see in the pictures is Toodee, it's the little thing Abbey chose at the toy store before we left Denver to represent her on our travels. I told her I would carry it around with me everywhere we went so it was like she got to come along for the ride.

IMG_8944.JPG

This was on the front page of the Sunday paper. I just love the kids' faces!
IMG_8947.JPG

And here we are walking down a steep alleyway after going to the grocery the other day.
IMG_8951.JPG

Mommy Poo arrives on Saturday. She'll spend her birthday, and my birthday, and one special surprise day with us here. She'll be here a week, and I think it will be much fun! We've got some things lined up, and hoping it will be a mighty fun time for her, and the weather is nice.

Now it is time for bed my pretties! I'm not feeling great, and I think this must be why Max had such an awful day and night yesterday. He is feeling better, so hopefully it is short lived!

3 comments:

Danetta said...

Well just look at how much fun you are having there.

Only ONE special surprise day there out of 10 days there?

OK - I'm ready for it!

Feel better, I love you.

Danetta said...

OH and how cool that you got that bracelet. The one you showed me the other day only somehow I missed that it was yours. What a nice husband you have.

Lauren said...

haha! that African kid with his arms crossed... poor old G-dub.

and btw, Steve looks very British in that hat. if i was there, i would just assume you two were native Brits! (well, as long as i didn't talk to you, maybe) have you been working on your fake English accent?