Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A place to lay my head...

For at least a year! At least, that's the lease we've signed!!!

Steve found this beauty on Craigslist, and went to see it on Saturday while he was there for meetings this past weekend. The only thing about it that wasn't just right, was that they said no pets please. He told the landlady about Max and his love for Olive and she waived that for us.

The best part about it...Steve can walk...I said WALK to work. It is just about half a mile to the office from the front door. I sent him there with the only request being that he find something close to the office so we can ease into this transition of him being in the office full time now.

We are packing up today, and tomorrow, and will get on the road on Friday. And hopefully arrive on Easter Sunday.

Here are a few pictures from the listing...

It is a duplex, but a 3 bed two bath huge kitchen and side yard duplex!



Here is the Master bed upstairs...we'll see who gets this room. It is huge. There are two bedrooms downstairs though, and Max will get one of them. We'll just see where we all land for bedrooms!


Two car garage with lots of storage...


Stop on this one for a moment...can you see us there...eating...laughing...enjoying the California sunshine...


I'm excited to get there and see it for myself...but mostly just excited to have a place for ourselves again!!!

23 comments:

Lauren said...

it's beautiful!
just the kind of place i like to visit... :)

Danetta said...

I am thinking that Abbey and I want the upstairs for our parties. I like the layout of the kitchen and look forward to sitting and visiting and eating and enjoying California sunshine. Get ready here I come. Oh I got a little excited at a new adventure there for a minute.
Congratulations on a new place to call your own again and thank you to the lady for understanding Max and Olive (and Deana and Olive and Steve and Olive)

Unknown said...

Fantastic news!

Nancy said...

Your new home looks wonderful! I am sure you will fit in it just fine and every room will be just what you want it to be. And I am sure you will enjoy the weather there. I here it is beautiful. Much love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I can see you all there...YAY!

Anonymous said...

WHOO HOO. It looks like an awesome place. And, yes, I can definitely see y'all in that kitchen. Man, that bedroom is huge!So glad the lady waived the 'no pet' thing. Congrats, Congrats. I am so excited for you. The new adventure begins.

Mat and Kristin said...

Hooray! It looks great and huge! I hope you have a big budget for IKEA! ;)

Deana said...

Lauren,

I hope you guys can make a trip soon, we'll save a spot on the beach for you!

Mom,

What parties are you speaking of...Hannah Montana parties? Because you are MORE than welcome to take that on!

Sam,
Just picture a Christmas tree there !

Aunt Nancy,
Thanks for stopping by lately...I've not been great about commenting back. But hey...I'm moving around the world and back! Hahaha!

KrisS,
It's going to be good! Really good!

Elizabeth,
A new adventure indeed! I'm pretty excited!

Kristin,
That's the beauty of SELLING all of our old stuff. The money is still there to replace it all now. :)

Sally said...

I think you ought to turn that upstairs room into a big dorm room with LOTS OF BEDS FOR LOTS OF GUESTS! (If you need some tips on the bed lay out, ask Gwen to provide photos and advice). I imagine we can get lots of cheap flights into SFO or San Jose and meet up there. And you are so very close to the ocean! Oh, the places you'll go, Deana. Promise me you'll visit and swing on the swings I swung on and visit the place I grew up. You will LOVE IT!

She said...

Just the BEST my friend. So happy for you.

Unknown said...

love, love, LOVE that kitchen!!!
i can smell the curry ....

Deana said...

Sally...there will be plenty of space for a sleepover! I hope you all do want to come out!

Send me a list of all of the must sees and I'll sure try my best to make the rounds!

Gwen...I bet you would sure love to ride your harley up and down the coast! Our garage is big enough to hold it for a few days while you stop and visit!

Kris...Vijay has already said she'll come make me dinner. I bet she'd make the trip for when the rest of you come to visit too!

Lar said...

How awesome. Most especially that it's yours and all yours.

Anonymous said...

I just learned today that you have a new blog here. I haven't checked with you for a long long time. I'm sad to hear that you are leaving. I will send you an email about ourselves.

God bless you.

Yan & Kendric

Leanne Stewart said...

How did I miss this??????

Anonymous said...

ofcourse i will be there. plan you all to come crash at Deana's. i promise to cook for all of you :)
i'm soooo excited!!!

Anonymous said...

the place looks sweet. i don't know how you keep moving without breaking down. walking to work... now that sounds fantastic!

Sally said...

Right about now, as I pray for your safety and continued awe of God's provision.... Willie Nelson's song, "On the Road Again" came to mind. I smiled as I sang it out loud for you!

xox

Sal

She said...

Oh lets make it a date! Roger and I spent 3 days in the desert out at Joshua Tree, Box Canyon and the groves a couple of years ago. Maybe it's time for the coast! Although we hit a little rock slide in Malibu last time we were there. I was glad we weren't on bikes then! Love love loved it!

She said...

Sally, too funny. My mom says the loft layout makes people think I was raised in an orphanage. I can sleep a lot of people up there just as long as they don't have to use the bathroom. You need any tips Deana, let me know. hehe

Anonymous said...

Oh Deana! I am so happy for your and your family!

Leanne Stewart said...

West Coast Warrior Princess Convergence????

debbiearnn said...

PICTURES!!!
Hooray!!!
I can't wait to see pictures of YOU all inside your new house!

Safe travels, my friend.