Payment from our car sale went through to our other bank account today and it was burning a hole in my pocket ALL DAY LONG!!
But, we had other things to do first. The containers got here this morning and my husband took only one hour to unload those all by himself! (I noticed it was one hour...he thinks it was 1 1/2...for the sake of making him sound better, let's say one hour.) He's a machine!
After that he had to go into the office for a few minutes, and we met with the case worker for Max. He had some good information, and gave us direction for where we needed to go next. He also made us laugh! What a story teller! I'm glad we were hooked up with him instead of some burnt out government worker!
THEN we were ready to go shopping! We stopped by Bed Bath and Beyond first to get some kitchen things, a trash can, and look at their bedding. We left there and went on to IKEA...I know...AGAIN!!! We were there 4 hours!!! We got a lot of our furniture though, and now Steve is putting it together for me. We got a desk, and a tv shelf, and sheets and comforters, and the dresser for our bedroom. Steve will have to go back for our bed, Abbey's bed, and our bedside tables.
I'm sure it sounds pretty lavish buying all new things, but remember, we sold ALL of our furniture and the money from that just sat in savings until we were ready to settle into our new place.
I unloaded a couple of my kitchen boxes this afternoon, and man was a I happy to see my Grandma's and Granny's pans! And my mixer, and special plates and doo dad's! Oh...and my lady picture. I was so happy to see her! I'm hoping to get a lot more unloaded tomorrow. And some more laundry done so I can hang up and put away our clothes!
I know it sounds like I'm "more at peace" in my current posts, living in California, but really and truly I don't feel much different than I did living in England. We had an exceptionally wonderful time in England, we just had to hold it all very close in order to not talk about what our next move was with work stuff. We had to make decisions that weren't what we had envisioned, but really, in the end, we love that we went, we loved the time we spent there, loved living there, but it just was not the best place for our family and the place we are in life.
I think the "peaceful" tone is just that I am HOME...in my own element...taking care of Max...cooking...calling medical professionals...just doing life. So at that point, I do feel more at peace, but for me it is just a place, and while I am excited to check ou tour new surroundings, we are happy and that can truly happen WHEREVER we are. And for that I have always been very thankful. I enjoy my life very much, I have very little to fuss about. My husband is amazing, my boy is fantastic, Abbey will be here for the summer before we know it, and it is all very good.
Okay...that's all for tonight. Off to make my bed with my new sheets...I sure hope they're soft...we went to great lengths to feel every single one in the store. :)
1 comment:
Nothing like exaggerating your own husbands brilliance...I have it from the horses mouth that it actually took 1.5 hours to unload the containers!
Can't wait to visit the new Watson home!
Post a Comment