We got here yesterday and it felt so good to be on familiar ground. I know it's not home, because we don't live here anymore. But it does feel like home, and it's good to be back around friends and family.
This morning Steve got up and went to get coffee at the Starbucks that was across the street from our house. They were all happy to see him there. And afterwards he drove by the old house...it was for SALE! They have had it about 6 months and already trying to sell it. Didn't do a single thing to change it, and asking for more than they bought it for. But there are a lot of houses for sale in the old neighborhood right now, so I really doubt they'll get what they're asking. Still it was so shocking to me!
This afternoon was set to be a very special day for Mr. Max. Last fall I contacted Opera Colorado to ask if they would allow Max to sit in on a rehearsal so he could hear an opera performance live. I got hooked up with the head of education there, and in turn got them hooked up with Children's Hospital here. The result was a short performance from Cinderella to be performed at the hospital for the kids, with Max as their honored guest. The education director called me about two hours before the show and said it had to be cancelled because several of the singers had strep throat, and one had a stomach virus. Yeah...probably shouldn't send them up to Children's! So we talked, and she offered us a sweet deal! Tomorrow, the opera cast will perform a command performance just for Max, especially put together for him. Afterwards they want us to join them for lunch. I really hope he enjoys it. We'll take video and lots of pictures!
Once we found out the day was cancelled, we went to have lunch and wander around Boulder with Ang and Dan. It was pretty warm, but some of the tulips were still out. I brought the camera just in case they were. This is one of my favorite parts of spring in Colorado...the tulips in Boulder!

These looked like ribbons...

I loved all of these purple flowers!


Even the statue got a tulip!

We ended the evening by leaving Max with his Susan for a couple of hours while we got out to get a few things done. Even when shopping for things at Costco, it's always nice to get away with my husband by ourselves. And it's been quite a while since we had two hours by ourselves.
I guess I should go to sleep now, even though I'm an hour different and I don't quite feel sleepy enough!!!
Be sure to tune in later in the day for opera pictures, and hopefully some video!
3 comments:
Can't wait to see the video and pictures of performance and Max's face. That sounds awesome! What an amazing opportunity for Max.
that is so exciting! i can't wait to hear more about it. you are such a wonderful mother.
I can't wait to hear about the opera trip! That's amazing.
Post a Comment