Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I left my heart...

To start this post...I would like to quote one Abigail, Age 9...who was telling me what she's packed for the summer.

"Nene, have you ever heard of "high-tops"?" "They are CONVERSE, and called Chuck Taylors?" "I got some, they're cool!".

"Uh...Yeah...I've heard of them...and they are pretty cool!"



Now on to the weekend...

After getting settled back in to home, and starting on the mountain of laundry, we got out on Sunday evening for a walk around the Salt Flats at Alviso, which is just about a five minute drive from our house.

DSCN0394.JPG

There are lots of birds there, and these little guys were my favorite to watch!
DSC_0133.JPG

If you click on either of these pictures, you can see all of the photos from there.

Monday we looked for something different to do. I've wanted to drive across the Golden Gate Bridge since we got here, but we didn't know if there was really anything on the other side. I have to apologize now to my sister...because man oh man is there a view from that side!!!

DSCN0429.JPG

But this was the destination...a lighthouse!
DSC_0223.JPG
The lamp in there is the original from France made in the 1850's.

Look at these fat guys! Just lounging out there...I thought they looked dead, but they were all moving around. ;)
DSCN0439.JPG

The trail to the lighthouse was full of flying friends too...
DSC_0195.JPG

Guard your babies!!!
DSC_0208.JPG copy

But the view was so cool!
DSCN0454.JPG

Just check out the FOG!!!
DSCN0453.JPG

We went up to a higher point, and got this view...
DSC_0245.JPG copy

And got just a minute of a break in the fog to get a full shot of the bridge...You can also see San Francisco, and Alcatraz from there.
DSC_0305.JPG

That was our weekend...how about you?

1 comment:

Danetta said...

Oh my how beautiful