When we arrived, we were greeted and taken into the rehearsal room. There were about 4 singers there, and each of them sang a couple of songs for Max.
We really thought he would just belt it out and sing along...but he barely made a peep!
He was so enchanted with it all. The grand piano, and the big voices singing. He just continually asked for MORE and would wring his hands like the was thinking.
We told them his signs for "more" and "please" and they all laughed when he would ask for more when the song was over. It really was so special. Something they totally didn't have to do, and went out of their way to prepare for him, but it was so completely appreciated!
I put a couple of videos online, and will put the rest on when we get home.
These videos are in no particular order, because I don't really remember in what order they happened, I was so busy getting video and pictures, or holding Max!
This guy was Max's favorite. I think he just loved the tone of his voice. He invited us to come see him in LA this winter...we might have to take him up on it!
Here you can see how he sat quietly through the singing...check out that awesome tuxedo bib he has on!
Even though Max wouldn't sing along with the singers, he did serenade them afterwards, and at lunch, and after lunch. I think he was trying to encourage them to keep going. He kept singing to them Ah-ah-ah...(opera). When we got back to the house, and I put the videos my computer, he was belting it out as I played them back. At least we got video of that!
It looks like he's singing along here, but he kept opening his mouth like he wanted to sing and then would just sigh these big beautiful sighs. I think he thought every day should be like this!

And here we are asking for MOOOORE!!!

And finally, a photo with the singers.

They gave us an open invitation to come back whenever we're in town for a rehearsal, and we got to have lunch with them and teach them more about Max. It was such a really special day!
3 comments:
How cool!
that was so neat! i loved watching those videos! max was sure doing a lot of talking:) what a great experience!
What an amazing day! I can't wait for more videos.
Post a Comment