Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Big Ol' Long update...

I have been much too quiet. But I've also been quite busy. QUITE busy!

Let me break it all down so I can get all caught up...

House:
Last week we got word that the house we were renting in California finally got new tenants. That has freed us up to start the search in earnest here. We are looking in a very different area than we have lived in before. It is in Denver, rather than the suburbs. We're excited to look, but nervous with the money establishments right now, not knowing if it is the best time to buy. Either way, we are set on this area, and will rent if it seems foolish to buy right now. We're hoping to hear from the lender soon. We're playing phone tag for the past couple of days. If we get it all set up to buy, we will get right on that, but if we are renting, we will likely have something by the middle of October.

Steve:
He has been traveling for work all month long! He has been home on the weekends, and then back out on Monday this whole month. He gets back Friday, then hopefully the travel will slow for a while. Nothing is scheduled for now anyway! I think he likes being able to hop on planes though...he just wishes we could hop on those planes with him and go along.

Abbey:
Big stuff going on in her life in Tulsa. Hoping we can get her here soon, thinking of her through all of the house hunting. She'll come for sure on Max's birthday. She's been accepted in the Strings group in school, she's hoping to play the cello.

Max:
He's been a little naughty at nights with Daddy gone. If he's not fussing all night, he's up playing and talking. We have been so busy with therapy and doctor stuff. Seems like since his g-tube it's been non-stop. Both therapies have started up again, which is Tuesday and Wednesday. We've been going down to Children's for pediatrician check-ups, and if we're not in an office, I'm on the phone or emailing doctors and case workers to get his medicaid finalized. I'm hoping that will be all finalized this week. Next week we will be trying out more wheelchairs. And I might need to take him in to see his pediatrician about his belly button...not infected anymore...but very very red and swollen. And we need to see what he weighs and if we need to up his cans of formula, but we may wait on that until October.

Me, Myself, and I:
Look at the above 3 paragraphs. I am pretty spent. Pretty tired. Pretty unenthusiastic about sitting and blogging about the craziness that is going on in my head. Will we find a house in our price range, in the area we want? Will we be able to buy so we don't have to fuss with renting?

Wishing Steve was here to keep me company, and help with Max, but thankful for his job and the fact that he gets to work from home.

So happy that Max is back with the therapists at Children's, but really feeling it getting him in and out and in and out and in and out of the car into his chair, and into therapy, and backwards. Up and down stairs with him...bathing him...breaking my back. Having to keep track of all of the

receipts to turn in for reimbursement to the county until the medicaid kicks back in. Laundry, keeping our room picked up and things in order so I don't go crazy, trying to get out all day every day on the weekends looking at houses. Feeding Max, trying to figure out the best schedule for that. Ready for my own space...and still so thankful for friends who have offered their space to us.

And remembering this week a couple of years ago I was here...having breakfast with two of my favorite people...talking and dreaming...
IMG_4346.JPG

and starting to think...what if we left it all behind and moved there. And now seeing how the road has lead us right back where we started...and just trying to see what in the world it all meant. And feeling like a right nut-job for not coming up with anything.

So there you go...all caught up.

12 comments:

Linda said...

Deanna,

So much going on- and you do such an awesome job organizing it all and keeping everyone's life running smoothly. Seems like you deserve a little break- a little time for your self wish I lived close because me and my girls would love to play with Max while you sat outside and read a good book.

Deana said...

Thanks Linda!

I have to find my books before I can read one! Haha! I think I know where they are in storage!

Leanne Stewart said...

I'm just sitting here, exhausted beyond belief myself and yet I've got this little glow of a smile, a warmness in my heart because, even though you are tired and probably didn't feel like writing all this out, I still got to "be" with you anyway.

I feel like I just had a good talk with a great friend.


:)

Unknown said...

yes ... it must seem strange to have gone 'full circle.' i'm a pretty firm believer that we may not ever know the 'whys' and 'whatevers' about the journey we're on. you may not feel like you can look at your situation and articulate into words just why it had to be this way ... but there is something in the path you've walked that has made you wiser, stronger ... something you aren't even able to identify.

and i think that's ok ... but, thrown into the mix along w/ everything else it's just another thing that makes life ... well ... exhausting.

glad you took the time to catch us up on your life. you continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

i am blessed by watching your story unfold. ...is that anything...???
:)

Deana said...

Leanne,

You are most right...I did not feel like writing it all out...but I"m glad that I did. I've needed a good sit-down and get it all out session! Thanks for being on the other side ready to "hear it".

Deana said...

Kris...I don't NEED to know the why's...I WANT to know the why's.
And I know I may never know them. And that really is okay...I just want to know how it all plays into what is to come. Like how am I supposed to apply all of this past year to what will make us go forward.

Does that make any sense?

And..."is that anything...???"..more than you know!

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed by you and all you do. I know dealing with picking Max up all the time takes its toil on you as well as dealing with things alone while Steve is gone. I know it's difficult on him too.
I know one day (hopefully soon) God will show you why He brought you full circle.
I feel blessed to have you share your life with me...and glad to have 'found you' again. :-)
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

totally get that ... and may it be revealed!
:)

Mat and Kristin said...

You are doing a great job. I think you are pretty dang amazing.

Chi said...

You are awesome in my book and I know that Max, Steve and all the doctors and therapists think so too. You do it all so well and you never complain. You inspire us all!

Linda said...

I was just reading your responses to the comments- and I could tell by reading them that you don't realize how much I for one LOVE reading your blog. Sorry for not doing a better job of commenting. I look forward to updates and pictures from you and enjoy hearing about all Max's accomplishments. I love that you have been posting more lately!

Deana said...

E...I was lost...but now you found me! tee hee! I'm glad to see you over here!

Kristin and Chi...you guys...I know I say it all the time, but it is so special to me that you both keep up with me and my life. I mean...two of my OLDEST friends. :)

Linda...thanks. I enjoy keeping in touch with everyone too...it is certainly an effort these days. btw...do you have a blog?