Monday, September 15, 2008

Yippee!

The house in California is no longer our responsibility! I am so happy they got a tenant to fill the lease. And now we know to not ever sign a lease without an easier out! But really, they have been so good to us, and I am happy to have met them. They definitely played a role in the journey.

Now on to our next house! I have a call into the medicaid case worker to ask about the estimated time of his approval. If it is short, we will likely wait it out here until it goes through, then transfer to another county. If it is still months away, we will likely just try to get it going in Denver county. But we'll just see what they have to say when she calls me back.

Steve heads out of town again tomorrow. And I get to play with Baby Adeline all day tomorrow while her mommy and daddy work! Max is already excited about waking up and baby Adeline will be here to play with him!

Speaking of Max, tonight we had a pretty cool moment. Well...he was sleeping...but it was still a cool moment for us both. I needed to get another can of formula into him before I went to bed, because this afternoon he was in no mood to cooperate. So, on the sly, I hooked him up and poured the can in without so much of a budge out of him. I unhooked his tube and covered him back up. He slept through it all! Pretty snazzy!

That's all for tonight. Plenty of activity tomorrow...and hopefully plenty of pictures to share tomorrow night!

10 comments:

debbiearnn said...

hooray for sleep-eating!
hooray for Baby Adeline!
hooray for your rental house in CA!

hoping the medicaid application process goes smoothly. You'd think it would...since he's lived there before and all...

Leanne Stewart said...

Oh, praise God!!!

I am soooo happy for you!

Thia said...

What a relief (and that's a great feeling) that feeding must have been!
Glad you're out from under the rental.
ONWARD!

Anonymous said...

cool, good for you! i won't be selling my current place for a couple years, but i'm already dreading it.

Lauren said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Good attitude.

Very good stuff.

:) Sally

Lar said...

WooHoo - that is great news!!!!
Actually both the rental and feeding Max are great news.

Deana said...

Thanks everyone! it is a big weight off our shoulders...now i just have to keep that husband of mine home for more than a day at a time in order to find a house!

Chi said...

Great news all around!!! When you and Steve start looking for a house, can you make sure there is an extra bedroom? That way when I move to Denver, I'll have a place to stay:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, sleep feeding. Who needs 'here comes the aeroplane'. When I get a kid, I'll have to look into some kinda drip instalment :O). Nice one Deana,
Andrew