She saw no cavities, and said if he is under anesthesia any time they'll team up and get some x-rays of his mouth. He can't hold still enough while he's awake for the pictures. I was nervous he'd have cavities on his lower teeth, but it was just calcification, which she said we'll see due to him being tube fed. But that calcification was actually a blessing in disguise because it protects his teeth from cavities.
He's sacked out now. I think I would like to join him! I stayed up way too late finishing my book, Bitter Sweets by Roopa Farooki. I liked it very much, and am looking at how I can get her next one, since it has only been released this month in the UK. Blasted Atlantic Ocean in my way! Life would be so much easier for me if we could just drive over to England now and again!
I think we're going to go get our flu shots tonight. Max of course won't get his with us, but we still have to be covered. I'm waiting to hear back from his doctors to decide whether or not/when we'll get his. They haven't called us at all this week, as they were going to check up on a few things before they scheduled him in. So now I'm wondering if we should do it at all. We know for certain he is allergic to this years vaccine. So how smart of us is it to inject him with something we know he will have an allergic reaction to? Oh well...we'll wait to hear from his doctor.
One more thing...I started this post mad at my sister. The younger one...the one who took my baby niece to Tulsa to see all the family...and sent me this email with the subject line of "Jealous????", with this picture.

Do you know what that is? That is lemon cake. And not just ANY lemon cake...that is my GRANDMA'S LEMON CAKE!!! There she is having lunch with gma and gpa and she has the nerve to pull out her iphone and take a picture of my very most favorite thing to eat in the whole world, and send it to me.
I said I started this post mad at her. When I texted her to tell her she was cruel, she texted back that she is bringing me a piece home. So I'm not mad at her any more. But I'm pretty sure it won't quite taste right not being there sharing it with gma and gpa...but it will be good enough to tide me over until I get to break cake with them in person next!
5 comments:
What a different take on the dentist. I hadn't thought about them not being able to get x-rays but glad they have a plan.
I have been waiting for work to say our flu shots are in but maybe I should find a place and go ahead and get it done.
I'm right here, I wonder if she is bringing any of that cake to me. It made my mouth water just knowing what it is.
Little sisters are funny like that.
*glares at Ang for tormenting Deana AND taking sweet baby Adeline away*
*reconsiders her glare in the hopes that a smile might earn her the recipe to Grandma's Lemon cake*
:D
Sounds like a great dentist...gave some really helpful ideas.
Dang, I wonder if she'll bring me a piece as well--that looks delish.
Hope you have a GREAT weekend. Hug Max for me.
uummmmm....the kind with lemon zest in the glaze that my grandmother used to make too?
lemon juice...no zest. I think I may have to make the cake for Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment