It's not a gloomy statement. It's not an exasperated statement. There's really just so much I don't know. And instead of going on and on about the millions of things I don't know, I'll tell you what I DO know.
I do know that I am noticing changes in me. Maybe it's because I am turning 30 next month. But it's little things...like...I know I really am disliking winter. I know I am day-dreaming of the ocean a lot lately. I know I would rather eat breakfast than lunch. I know I have a hard time sitting with the tv on just for noise. I know there is a necessity of vitamins every day. I know I am totally loving going to the chiropractor, because I am feeling SO much better!
I know I need to drink all of the water I've been consuming these past couple of weeks. I know that when I'm sick I HAVE to take care of myself first, otherwise I'm rubbish to anyone else. I know I wish I could be more involved in the community. I know I wish I knew instinctively how to sew. I know I'm nervous about taking the CNA course, but I know I'm going to be happy to make some extra cash! I know I have an incredibly hard time getting to sleep lately because my mind is full of all of these things.
Things I don't know...I don't know how to change some things in life. Things that I don't need to line item out for the world to see. And that's what instigated that twitter remark. And those things I still just don't know. But I know I wish I did! :)
Finally, I know that I love this kid to pieces...bits and pieces...


And I know I'm sure proud of him wanting to ALWAYS hold his head up instead of resting it in his chair!
4 comments:
Amazing as usual, my dear...as for the whole turning 30 thing, I totally understand and I share a lot of the same feelings!...as for the ocean, come visit me, we live 10 minutes away! Max would love it!
My bathroom is decorated in beach theme. Insert wistful sigh.
Hey, another person who doesn't know much about sewing! I thought I was the only one. I hope to get a machine soon and start learning some stuff.
I think the older we get, the more open we are to learning about ourselves instead of just thinking we already know.
I agree with Thia - the older we get the more open we are to learning about ourselves (and lots of other things) instead of just thinking we already know.
THAT is BRILLIANT and SO TRUE.
I turned 40 last year and I think back to my 20's and it's amazing how much more full and wonderful life is now.
Susan Clark once said to a group that 50 something is the best age ever. I've never forgotten that. I strive to enjoy life now and grow and learn now and I'm not in a rush to get older but am also looking forward to even much more full my life may/will be. And with what? Who knows but it'll be exciting!
Lets just say you are one incredible woman and am honored to know you!
Is that the new chair that Max got? Wonderful! I love seeing him like that!
Post a Comment