Friday, January 16, 2009

No torture today...

For the second time in a month, I have a headache. For the second time this month, I spent the afternoon at Children's Hospital!

It wasn't really that bad at all...I just am on guard ALL THE TIME...making sure I don't forget anything, hoping that Max won't throw a fit, watching all of the stupid people coughing all over everything. I honestly can not believe how people just cough all over the place. There was a little girl positioned right over the face masks hacking and coughing right on them. And her parents weren't even paying attention! BLAGH!

We got in with Max's pediatrician, and changed up the way we'll feed him. The hope is that it won't be as rich to him, and he can digest it a bit easier. Also she added a probiotic to try to fix the good bacteria in his tummy.

We also changed his Mickey button(g-tube) for the first time. It was something I was really nervous about, because I really thought it would gross me out. Steve took charge and did it all, but it didn't gross me out at all, and Max was just fine with it. He didn't cry or fuss at all.

After the pediatrician appointment, we went on to the EEG test. Where the quote of the day happened. We always get a lovely lady from Eastern Europe who sets Max up for his EEG. She usually sings to him "Little little twinkle star"...and the theme from Barney, "I love you, you love me"...just those words over and over for an hour! Today, Max was ready to sleep as soon as we laid him on the bed. He should sleep through the EEG, so that's good, but it took a while for her to set him up today and he started getting fussy with her. And then the quote of the day happened, "It's ok, it's ok, Natasha not torture you today...only test today." HaHaHaHaHaaaa!!!! Who says that at a children's hospital? It cracked us up!

Our first appointment was at 1:20, and we got home at 6:00...so they stayed true to the norm, and we were there all day! Max is plum tuckered out now! I think he'll be sleeping pretty well tonight!

Tomorrow, I am excited to be going out to our friends' house for food and lots of game playing! Yippee!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Thia said...

The idea of this woman singing to these children all day long like that has me practically in tears. And I have no idea why.

Deana said...

Laughing tears I hope...because she is just as sweet as she can be when she sings to them! And talks in such a soft assuring voice. She stops and picks out a toy for him every time we go...even though we tell her we don't need one. It is so funny!