It's really hard to believe we were in the UK last year this time. I think back on that time and I remember how sick I got, and how miserable I felt. And also how many seizures Max was having. And the feelings of denial that they would just stop, and we would be able to stay. I miss our friends. I miss being able to have dinner, or walk to the store and get a basket full of groceries I had never heard of before. I miss meeting new friends, and watching new tv shows.
And I miss London too. London is like it's own country. I know so many people just can't understand the connection to that place...and maybe I can't even explain it well. It's just so strange to feel so "at home" in a foreign country, and know you can't live there. I feel the same way every time I see pictures of videos of India. I don't know how to explain it.
I guess I'm just feeling sentimental and the wishing some travel was on the horizon! Instead, there is laundry, and calls to insurance companies, and a grumpy little boy who can't be happy unless I am no less than 2 feet away from him today.
Ho-hum...
3 comments:
How time flies! It was so much fun spending that time with you guys. We miss you guys sooooo much and hope we'll be seeing you soon. In the meantime video chats shall have to suffice!
I know how badly you wanted it to work out and how much I wanted it to work out for you. I have been thinking a lot about the fact the I was in England last year at this time and how wonderful it was to meet Sam and Rachel the great time we had.
Just wanted to send you a hug.
Post a Comment