
Wouldn't that be a great way to hike? On horseback!!

And we did! We went to one of our favorite places in Coal Creek Canyon to recreate a few pictures from when Abbey was 3.






Once we got the recreated shots, we added in the new guy. It was nothing for us to scramble up the rocks with Abbey, even when she was only 3. But with Max, hiking in our mountains is usually out of the question. But today, Steve picked up our 40+ pound boy and hiked him right to the top.





This one was supposed to be a Max alone shot...his sister couldn't resist sneaking in though!

Max had to take a little snooze after all that excitement. And while we got a few more glamor shots of his sister.



Max was enjoying all of the wildlife in the mountains...and by wildlife I mean the many many motorcycles he got to hear zooming through the twists and turns. His favorites were the Harley's and Ducati's. Both really loud!!! He would squeal and ask for more!
We stopped on our way out of the canyon for Abbey to get down by the water:

And for Max to eat. Not much limits us...check that rig out! We've got his feeding bag hanging on the hanger hook in the car. Hey, it worked, and he was just loving sitting by the rushing water! It's the closest thing to the roar of the ocean we've got here!

We got loaded back into the car to head back to low-land and I saw these guys across the road:

Can you see them? Here's a closer shot that I cropped:

These young guys were just eating...but come fall they will be butting heads!

There are about 120 pictures of the day over on flickr. You can click on any of the photos and peruse them all if you want.
4 comments:
I remember that first trip with Abbey. It looks like all of you had a great time.
Great pictures! We are so glad you were able to get away, even for a short time.
I love the pictures!!!
I really love the "then and now" photos!
Post a Comment