Monday, June 8, 2009

Just a swingin'...

I have been on the look-out since we moved from our 20ft. ceiling house for a swing for Max. It's his favorite motion...outside of spinning. And he's just too big for us to do it holding him in a sheet anymore.

Swing frames on special-needs equipment sights run anywhere from $400-$1500. I was looking on Craigslist the other day for a swing to hang from the doorway swing bar I finally decided on ($80)...for a stinking bar. Anyway...I was looking for a swing, and found this instead...

Max's new swing

Oh...he likes it alright!
Max's new swing

It's his favorite new place to be! He's always asking for more more more!!!
Max's new swing

Steve showed him a few times how to extend his legs to get it going. Now all we have to say is "legs out...legs in" and he gets it going!

Oh...and the best part about this whole get up, besides it fits in the house, can be taken down to take outside, and it can calm him down immediately? It was only $20. That's one 2 and one 0. The people had it left in their house by someone who had lived with them, and she didn't want to move it. They stand alone is selling for $150 at Target!

We're still looking for the best swing for him to sit in. One that allows him to sit more upright. And one that will allow him to lay on his belly and swing. (They make them both, they are just two different kinds, and cost plenty!)

He's in it now...just chilling out. Listening to the neighbor's big wind-chimes. And if it's warm...or hot where you are? Come to Denver...I think we're at about 60 degrees this afternoon. I think I'll make some eggplant parmigian tonight!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is totally awesome. He looks so content...I am so thrilled for you ($20) but esp for Max. Cooley Dooley indeed.

Anonymous said...

We'll be right over! Addie wants to climb into max's swing with him, and I want to eat your eggplant parmigan, especially in the cool weather!

Deana said...

Elizabeth...can't beat the price! His physical therapist today was shocked we found such a get-up for so cheap!

Ang...Addie May May May May May would LOVE to swing in his swing with him. It was weird how cool it was. We saw a tornado cloud yesterday! It didn't touch down up this way, but really hit Aurora. YIKES! It's supposed to be really mild cool weather this week. And I didn't get to make eggplant parm because Sprouts was out of the eggplant. But I made chicken curry with fried okra...hey-o!!!

Thia said...

Those chairs are sooooo comfy! I want to come swing with Max! It's great that it's portable like that too.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

He looks so awesome and I wanted to say a special "way to go Max" on pumping his legs to make it go. Ivan and Dominique have not figured that out yet. I've tried and tried to teach them to pump, but they get all confused.