I went for my monthly chiropractor adjustment yesterday. It is time to start taking Max again, so we went as a family.
Dr. G. started with me, while Steve handled Max for a few minutes. He asked how I was doing, and I told him for the most part good...but...my feet still hurt.
Still hurt...meaning a month and a half on, from my trip to Paris/London. Last month he worked on my calf muscles, which as he said were really tight. This time, he focused on the muscles that connect from the calf muscles to the feet.
I thought I was going to leap off of the table when he started stretching the muscles on the bottom of my feet. Oh my gosh...I didn't know so much pain could be found at the bottom of one's foot.
I don't know all the magic of chiropractic care...and I know a lot of people think chiropractors are in the quack doctor category. But I am constantly amazed at how much better I feel after going.
My right foot was so tender and sensitive, I couldn't walk comfortably on my bare feet. He gave me a few stretches to do, five times a day, and told me to wear shoes around the house for a couple of days to allow my feet to heal up for a bit. (I hate wearing shoes in the house.)
Tonight, the pain in my heel is much, much less. I didn't realize how tight my calf muscles still are. Every time I do the exercises, I really feel a huge stretch. Methinks it's time to pick up yoga.
I've not ever injured myself walking on our long trips before...We always walk a ton more on vacation than we do on a typical day at home. And, I know exactly where the pain started...but what to do? One has to take oneself to the top of the Arc de Triomphe when one is in Paris! Next time, however, I will take the stairs a lot slower, and might wear more sensible shoes...maybe.
Here's hoping that next month when I go back he won't have much to fix...well...except putting my spine back into place from torquing Max all the live long day!!
1 comment:
Yo-GA! Yo-GA! Yo-GA!
I do love yoga. I've read that a yoga session is very similar in your body to an acupuncture appointment. It frees up all that energy that gets pent up to cause pain and lets it flow like it should. I love the way I feel at the end of a yoga practice - it helps a LOT with my neck and shoulder pain.
Post a Comment