Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Count-Down Begins...

One week from today we leave our life here in Colorado.

It's been an emotional day for me. I spent the day with Abbey, just she and I at the mall. I had to pick up a few things for myself, and also get a couple of things bought for Max's therapists.

I'll be sad to say goodbye to them. I'm a big ol' honkin crybaby when it comes to good-bye even though I try to hold it in as much as I can, because I hate crying in front of people.

I just have to keep telling myself, this is a part of the journey. Our dreams are coming true, but in order to get to that part, we have to step away from the old, and into the new.

Steve's out of town all week. A part of me wants this week to fly by, and another wants it to go in slow motion, to savor it all. I guess we'll see this time next Sunday which has happened.

Off to bed now.

4 comments:

Sally said...

prayers up

Mat and Kristin said...

I can't believe only one week until you leave. I bet it will fly by whether you want it to or not!

Unknown said...

i can't believe it's here already either ... wow. what an adventure!

Danetta said...

hmm I wonder who you got that good bye crybaby thing from